Tuesday, December 25, 2007

On guard in Middle Park, Melbourne



This dog looks more like a hunting dog than one that is suppose to be guarding his owner’s bike.

I’m sure he is a German Pointer but there was no one around to ask. If I’m wrong please tell me. If he is a Pointer he's more in his element when he's tracking down something or putting up birds for a shoot.

He was friendly and sort of grinned at me as I studied him. I waited to see who came to collect him but he was obviously in ‘waiting mode’ without any expectations of a quick release.

He was tied to the bike stand while the bike that could have been standing against it was dropped on the ground. I’m sure he guarded it well and would have barked furiously if anyone had tried to take off on it. Guarding is an easy job on a quite week-day afternoon in Middle Park so no wonder he looked rather sleepy.


He did look more alert when he saw me with my camera. I think he enjoyed the attention. I don't think he judged me a threat to the bike.

No comments: