Monday, December 24, 2007

Missing Schnauzer

Yesterday morning I posted the story about Cody the Rescue Dog then I went out to get my morning paper. It was early, about 7.30am.

On the door mat was a clean white piece of paper about the size of a book mark. Had I dropped it when I came in the previous evening? No, I couldn’t have done that. The paper was clean and dry and it had rained heavily in the night. I turned it over and the morning was suddenly a little less bright and fresh. “Lost Dog Minne” jumped out at me from the stiff paper.

Minne, it said. is a standard charcoal/black Schnauzer. She has been missing since 11:30 on Saturday 22nd. Yesterday was one of the coldest and wettest days this summer, not a day you want your loved dog wandering the streets.

I have never seen a Schnauzer around here and I wondered if she is the dog I never glimpse but I hear barking.

Minne’s owners must have been up all night worrying and preparing the fliers so they could deliver them quietly in the early morning. I didn’t hear them come down the path and they didn’t ring the bell. The door mat was better than the letter box but even so if it had been left last night it would have been wet. I hope they have success with their search.

Minne, such an interesting name, I wish her and her owners a very Happy Christmas, together.

No comments: