Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Ugliest Dog Competition - the winner

This darling is NOT the ugliest dog in the Word

I have just viewed the video of the dog that won the Most Ugliest Dog in the World competition that was held in Californis USA. To my surprise I found that people considered a Chinese Crested dog the most ugly.

I have had a couple of posts about Chinese Crested dogs recently and I have found myself drawn to the dogs. View the BBC video here. What do you think? Perhaps it is just the tongue?


Melbourne Chinese Crested




The First Chinese Crested I saw was in the window of a shop in Victoria Street Richmond, Melbourne.

I was fascinated and I wasn't to only one. The dog drew a crowd. Why? They are rare here in Melbourne so we are not used to seeing a dog that is almost hairless.

To us, dogs should be covered in some sort of dense, short, long , wiry, curly or silky hair. The only time most of us see our dog's skin is when they are shaved for an operation. This makes the Chinese Crested unique - almost a freak of nature.


The Crested in the Video appears to have a jaw problem - the tongue is hanging out. The dog in the Victoria Street window manages to keep his tongue where it should be and I think he is sweet.

1 comment:

pudelflicka said...

I like the kind of dog. I think he is cute.
Love Hedvig