Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dede - the travelling dog - Poodle X Maltese

Deliah, her Mum and I joined many other dogs at Gasworks Park last weekend. Melbourne is a dog friendly city and Gasworks Park is an ideal place to see just how dog-friendly it is.

At 11am Sunday morning large dogs race around while their owners stand and talk.
There are smaller dogs at that time, too, but the big dogs bound over most of the open space while the smaller dogs potter around the edges.

It never ceases to surprise me how so many dogs can enjoy each other’s company without any agro. If there is any agro it usually between dogs that are still on their lease. Do those dogs need to prove something? A sort of “I know I’m tethered but I can still beat you!” I can only guess but it does appear to change their attitude to their doggy mates.


Waiting to be served.


The indoor/outdoor cafe

Gas works Park is a park of sculptures for other statues check HERE
There are many off-leash parks and reserves and Melbourne. To find one near you and let your dog enjoy the freedom of these wonderful spaces - check with your local council or on the Internet.




3 comments:

pudelflicka said...

Dear Mary,
No Milly didn´t enjoy her bath. I wrote about that.
Yes the photo of the beetles are from Sweden and they are very big and I found it in my friends greenhouse.
Love Hedvig
The poodel/Maltese is so cute.

Karin said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Biking with dogs in Melbourne seems like much fun! :) Now, I'll check out the rest of your blog...

Karin xx

Gina said...

I see Karin's name here.. she is a sweetie..and has the most beautiful blog!
Dede is gorgeous and her name suits her I think. Gas Works Park looks like a great doggy place! Nice to see blue skies up your way too :D Gx